- Published: November 5, 2019
From 28 to 30 October 2019, a delegation from the Kazakh Office of the Public Prosecutor General visited the Office of Criminal Police Investigation of Lower Saxony, the Competence Centre for the Prevention of Islamism in Lower Saxony, the Ministry of Justice for Lower Saxony and the Office of the Public Prosecutor General in Celle. The study visit on “Combating Terrorism in Germany” was organised by the IRZ.
Seven senior public prosecutors, who are involved in the fight against extremism and terrorism in Kazakhstan, and a leading academic from a research centre at the Academy for Combating Terrorism and Extremism learned about the following subjects in Lower Saxony:
- Risk and threat management in the area of Islamist endangerers,
- the system for assessing the danger of radicalised persons,
- presentation of guidelines for dealing with religious and political extremism in law enforcement,
- measures for deradicalisation/cooperation with the non-governmental organisation Violence Prevention Network,
- networking with communities and local civil society and
- presentation of the work involved in the prevention of Salafist radicalism.