- Published: December 18, 2017
We highly appreciate your interest in the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ). The IRZ Management attaches particular importance to protecting your data. You can use the IRZ website “www.irz.de“ without entering personal data. The IRZ Data Privacy Statement aims at informing all users of this website about the type, extent and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, this Data Privacy Statement informs data subjects about the rights which they are entitled to. This document explicitly refers to the data processing specific for this website.
Section 1 Contact details of the controller
The controller within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection provisions is the
German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ)
Telephone: 0228 / 9555 – 0
Section 2 Address of the data protection officer
German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ)
Data Protection Officer
Telephone: 0228 / 9555 – 134
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
If you use our website for information only we will only collect the data which your browser transmits to our server and are technically required to display our website and to ensure that the data transmission is stable and secure (legal basis is Art.6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the inquiry
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the inquiry (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- each data volume transmitted
- website from which the inquiry was made
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
Section 4 Collection of personal data when requesting contact by e-mail
The data and information provided by you are processed for the purpose of dealing with and answering your contact request according to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. We expressly inform you that data transmitted on the Internet (e.g. by contact requests made by e-mail) may be vulnerable despite all measures taken by us, so that it cannot be ensured that the data are completely protected.
We store the personal data collected in connection with your contact request for the duration of processing your request.
They are not disclosed to third parties.
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are assigned to the browser used by you and are stored on your hard drive. Cookies are not able to execute programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
a) Our website uses the following types of cookies, the extent and functioning of which is explained in the following:
- transient cookies (cf. b below)
- persistent cookies (cf. c below).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. They include, but are not limited to, session cookies. This type of cookies stores a so-called session ID which is used to allocate different inquiries of your browser to the joint session, allowing the recognition of your computer when you visit our website again. The session cookies will be deleted when you log off or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and opt out e.g. the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this case you might not be able to use all features of our website.
Section 6 Other features and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website for information only, we provide a range of services which you may use, if you are interested, without providing any additional personal data (downloads/links and the like).
(2) To some extent we commission external service providers with providing technical support for our website. We have carefully selected them, checked them for the applicable data protection standards, committed them to complying with the GDPR and regularly monitor them in this respect.
Section 7 Use of our download portal / Use of web fonts
Section 8 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of how you use the website. The information produced by the cookies about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in case the IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or other states which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted in exceptional cases to a Google server in the USA and is shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide further services connected to the use of the website and the Internet use to the website operator.
(2) Our website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp”. This allows processing IP addresses in a shortened form, so that a personal identification is impossible. If the data collected about you enables a personal identification such identification is thus excluded immediately and the personal data are directly deleted.
(3) The IP address transmitted by your browser within Google Analytics will not be merged with other data by Google.
(4) You may prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly (see also Section 5 above); please note, however, that in this case you might not be able to fully use all features of this website. In addition, you may prevent the capturing of the data created by the cookie relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to be able to improve it continuously. The generated statistics allow us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases that personal data are transmitted to the USA Google has subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art.6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Section 9 Erasure of data
The data we have stored will be erased or their processing will be restricted according to Art. 17 and Art. 18 GDPR as soon as they are no longer necessary in relation to their purposes and the erasure is not contrary to any statutory obligation to retain data.
Section 10 Rights of the data subject
(1) If you suspect that we deal or have dealt with your data in a way which is not conforming to law ("data subject”) you have the following rights according to the legal requirements which you may exercise against the IRZ at any time:
- Right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR: Right to obtain from the controller confirmation upon request as to the processing of personal data and access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR: Right to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data upon request.
- Right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR: Right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data without undue delay upon request. This does not apply, amongst others, if processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Moreover, the restrictions provided in Art. 35 GDPR apply.
- Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR: Right to obtain from the controller the restriction of processing personal data upon request.
- Right of data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR: Right to transmit the personal data concerning you which have specifically been provided by you to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future.
- Right to object according to Art. 21 GDPR: Right to object to the processing of your personal data, so that we have to discontinue the processing. This right to object applies only within the limits provided in Art. 21 GDPR. Moreover our interests may conflict with a termination of the processing, so that we are authorised to process your personal data despite your objection.
If you make such an objection, please set out the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way we have done it. In case of a justified objection we will assess the situation in fact and will either stop processing the data or adjust the data processing or set out the compelling legitimate grounds why we continue the processing.
(2) Moreover, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority against our processing of your personal data, Art. 77 GDPR.
(3) You may send data subjects’ rights and other matters in writing or electronically to the IRZ contact address specified in Section 1 above.
Section 11 Amendments
The IRZ reserves the right to amend this Data Privacy Statement at any time. We will publish such amendments on our website. Such amendments will have immediate effect, unless otherwise provided. We therefore recommend that you regularly check this Data Privacy Statement to ensure that you are provided with the version as amended.